All of Our birdhouses have these features
- On the inside, the wood is left in its natural and unfinished. Some of the exteriors are finished with a water based ultra-flat poly-acrylic. Some have a hand-rubbed non-toxic teak oil finish.
- These are assembled with dowels and water-tight glue; NOT staples, screws or nails.
- All birdhouses include a 2-part mounting bracket, with one part already attached to the house.
- Entrance holes range from 1-1/8", 1-1/4", to 1-1/2".
- 1-1/8" hole for birds like wrens, chickadees.
- 1-1/4" hole for birds like wrens, chickadees, nuthatches and downy woodpeckers.
- 1-1/2" hole for medium sized birds like flycatchers, Western bluebirds, nuthatches and some woodpeckers.
- The side, and sometimes the front, opens for seasonal cleaning and secures with a brass latch.
- The roof provides a large overhang to protect from rain.
- "Ladder" scored into the inside to make it easy for babies to reach the opening.
- FREE SHIPPING TO LOWER 48 STATES
Pacific SERIES - $130
A classic birdhouse design embellished with driftwood recovered from local Oregon beaches. Each one is unique.
Designer SERIES - $105
A contemporary design which uses a natural knot in the cedar front as the location of the entrance hole. Aside from their natural beauty, knots tend to be harder than the surrounding wood, thereby making it more difficult for predators to chew the opening larger. Each one is unique.